2016 Mission Trip
Since 2008 Lutheran High School has developed its World Mission program to provide opportunities for our students to engage in acts of service around the world, embracing people of different cultures and needs. We provide critical support to ministries that are established in the areas we serve — ministries which will continue the work of the Gospel in those areas long after we leave. We have established significant relationships with Camp Penuel in Costa Rica and Camp Lutherhaven in Idaho.
This year we will be supporting the urban ministry of Pastor Jim Buckman in Newark, NJ, as he shares the love of Christ and his Gospel with Liberian immigrants and refugees. Our job will to be to support the ministry in every way we are asked. This will involve a lot of playing, singing, performing manual labor, painting, cooking and cleaning. We are excited to help!
Embracing people in a difficult setting demands that we give ourselves to our neighbors. To do so, while in New Jersey we will…
· LEARN about the different cultures;
· HONOR the institutions and systems integral to the ministry;
· FOSTER friendships with peers that we serve alongside;
· EXPLORE the unique features of New Jersey and New York;
· Actively SERVE as representatives of the Christian faith and tradition.
We are excited about the work God has placed before us. In order for this work to be successful, we are committed to finding partners who will support our team. Our team has two support goals:
1. Enlist faithful “Thessalonians” (see 1 Thess. 5:16-19) who will continually commend to God through prayer our short-term mission team.
2. Raise a team of faithful “Philippians” (see Phil. 4:14-20) to help us meet the financial obligation necessary for each person on our team to participate in the mission. The per student cost of this mission is $800.
If you are able to partner with us, please consider making a donation.
You can mail a donation by check made out to “Lutheran High School” and write on the memo line “Mission Team.”
LHS Mission Team
c/o Lutheran High School
3864 17th St.
Or Donate via PayPal:
**If you would like your donation applied to a particular team member, please note it on the memo line or as you finalize your PayPal donation.